Sunday, April 11, 2010
Scheduling
Scheduling at Slippery Rock University is absolutely terrible. There are not enough class spots. And how do they pick the order of scheduling. I thought it was by the number of credits you had, but apparently not. There are freshman and sophomores scheduling before me. They don't play sports so why? If I don't get written into an class I'm going to have to stay an extra semester. I don't know who is in charge of this, but they should be replaced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understannd completely Ryan, in three years here at SRU there hasn't been one time where i scheduled my classes and was happy about the outcome. I thought that they went by number of credits too, but i seem to b last to register out of all of my friends every time. It gets pretty old. Well atleast you have a friend to stay an extra semester here with you because im probably going to have to do the same.
ReplyDeleteI used to hate the scheduling scheme of things. But in the past years I've been okay with it; at least with scheduling for next semester. I understand how it can be a pain though. There is NO WAY THAT AN UNDERCLASSMAN SHOULD BE ABLE TO SCHEDULE BEFORE AN UPPERCLASSMAN. No way. How is that even logical? As upperclassmen, we only have so many classes to take before we graduate so we need to be able to access certain classes before underclassmen. There is an outline of classes for PE and what should be taken in each year so that way no classes are gone for the people who actually need them. I'm already going another semester over because of the classes I haven't been able to get into. Something needs to be done. Fast.
ReplyDeleteI sooo agree Ryan! I am going to be a senior in the fall and I scheduled last week and still was unable to get into two classes that I need, one of them being a summer class! I hate how athletes get to schedule before seniors because when it comes down to it, if a class is full and someone needs it to graduate, that athlete gets kicked out of it anyway if they don't need to graduate! It makes no sence. We have so much work as students here and scheduling should NOT be this stressful on top of everything else!! Grrr...
ReplyDeleteOhh mann do I agree, I am a senior next year and all these freshman are scheduling before me. Anddd they have less credits. I have to stay another semester because of two classes. Its riduclious. They need to add another section. And they need to not make ALL the classes at the same time.
ReplyDelete